Training & Development
We are committed to developing staff skills and potential across all departments within E&F. We run a wide range of training and development programmes for new and existing staff.
We aim to:
- provide quality training that is suited to your needs and the needs of your department
- help you to develop in your role
- help new staff to settle in and feel part of the team
- promote a culture of learning and development.
Use these pages to:
- find out about the courses we offer
- book yourself or your staff onto courses
- find out about other professional development options
- get in touch to discuss your needs or give us feedback.
We place a high value on welcoming new staff into E&F, helping them to become happy and productive as quickly as possible. We also have health and safety obligations that we take very seriously. It is mandatory that all new staff in E&F attend E&F Induction into the Workplace at the earliest opportunity.
You can talk to your manager about yourself and your work at any time, but the Job Chat scheme gives you an opportunity for a more structured discussion once a year.
Planning your development
You and your manager may identify learning and development that will help you work towards team goals and targets. In order to help you plan and track this development, your manager can help you complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP).
As a team we have formulated our values in order to guide the way we work. We have done this with the aim of delivering the best possible service to E&F and the University.
We are planning to extend our training programmes to non-E&F staff, and also to external customers who are looking for particular training courses. Please give us a call; we may be able to help you.